Nov 12, 2008

Bet you can't say Ljubljana ten times fast

We stopped in Slovenia's capital city, Ljubljana, on our way from Croatia to Bosnia. While there I caught my first view of a marathon finish line. I'm not sure what it's like in New York or Boston, but in Ljubljana everyone's a familiar face, and the whole the crowd knows each person crossing the finish line personally. It made for a fun time. I'm pretty sure I'll never run a marathon, but I'm now at least interested in scoping out the finish lines. The city's primary claims to fame involve its bridges. This "dragon bridge" became so closely associated with the city that dragons in general are now Ljubljana's mascot. And yes that's a castle in the background:)


This last picture isn't the clearest shot of Ljubljana's "three bridges," which is really one bridge with three diverging walkways, but Aaron looks cute, so whatevs.


xoxo Jessie

No comments: